Cancelling an Agreement with your RES

If you already have an agreement with a Retail Electric Supplier (RES) and you want to switch to a different RES or return to the utility before your contract term is up, carefully review your agreement to see if there are any penalties for early cancellation. Call your current RES if you have any questions.

If you choose to return to your electric utility company, the electric utility will not charge you a fee to do so. However, you may have to stay with the electric utility for at least 12 months.